May Networking Drinks
Networking drinks are on Thursday this week - the 16th. Our hosts this month are Glengarry Wines in Williamson Ave (Ponsonby end). Come along for a 5:30pm start. Nibbles will be provided and a prize draw. See you there.
Unitary Plan Information Session
Confused or concerned about the Unitary Plan and proposals for intensification in Grey Lynn/Westmere? Or would you just like to find out more about the process and implications.
David Wren is a planning professional who has agreed to provide a presentation on the matter.
Come to Surrey Hotel at 465 Great North Rd, on Tuesday 9th April for a 4:30pm start.
Members are free to attend, and non-members may attend at a fee of $20 or may join GLBA at the event.
rsvp to email@example.com.
West Lynn Street Party
On Thursday March 21st, West Lynn (Richmond Rd) came alive as people and families flocked to the street party and twilight market. Feedback on the event has been wonderfully positive, one retailer estimating his business lifted by some 50% with a steady stream of customers throughout the evening. The event was opened by Pippa Coom, deputy chair of Waitemata Board and a board member of GLBA. As Reverend Faasoo gave the blessing more people were arriving. Estimates put the numbers attending at several thousand.
For the first time the street party extended up to Surrey Cres, providing a 500m stretch to host a rich variety of stalls, arts and craft, live bands and music. The Surrey Crescent end had a special childrens focus with bouncy castle, face painting and the local Daycare Centre. At the Warnock Street end, the street was alive with a wonderful selection of foods, music, and crafts, people mingling and enjoying the entertainment and festive atmosphere.
You can see photos on facebook at GLBA and Ponsonby News.
Ultra Fast Broadband Information Session
The presentation from Chorus was held on Thursday 28th February. Craig Young explained the processes being carried out to install fibre to businesses and residences, and what is required for connection. Those who attended found the session highly informative.
Unitary Plan Submission
Click here to see unitary plan submission known as the Grey Lynn Plan, for the Surrey Crescent/Great North Road Shopping Precinct.
Welcome to the Grey Lynn Business Association Auckland (GLBA). We are a network of Grey Lynn Business owners who collectively share resources, network in the Grey Lynn area, support each other, and support the community.
We achieve this through a series of business networking events and networking meetings; working towards achieving recognition and funding through the Business Improvement Development programme (BID); providing Grey Lynn local business listing opportunities; supporting business sustainability through education, resourcing and ideas; and supporting the local community in whatever way they need support.
We are a network that welcomes both main street businesses and home based businesses.
As a member of the Grey Lynn Business Association you will have access to:
- A website listing to advertise your business to other local business owners and the local community, including links to your own website. Improve your Search Engine Optimisation by having another site linking to you. Register your business here
- Access to regular small business networking events in Grey Lynn which will enable you to mix and mingle with other local business contacts and business entrepreneurs, hopefully assisting you to create new business opportunities. And what could be better than having clients in your own local suburb?
- Access to special offers from other members within the GLBA
- Access to educational sessions though the year on a wide range of topics aimed at helping you to grow your business.
- Regular Newsletters which are not only informative, but provide you with the opportunity to submit articles which is a fantastic way of advertising your business to our extensive database
To access all these great benefits sign up today by going to the membership page. The nominal $65 per annum fee funds this website and other administrative costs, but gives you access to all of these amazing benefits.